We are looking to recruit a number of LGV (HGV) Driver/Loader/Sweeper/Recyclers. This could be on a full time or part time basis.
As well as the local government pension scheme, you will receive 25 days holiday, increasing to 29 days holiday after 5 years continuous local government service (plus bank holidays).
You will drive one of our Refuse/Recycling Freighters or a Road Sweeper up to 26 Tonnes in weight. As part of your job you will be expected to:
- Manually collect recycling containers, refuse sacks, wheelie bins, or special collections
- Work on trade or domestic or street sweeping rounds
- Manually sweep, litter pick and empty litter bins
- See that refuse/recycling rounds or sweeping schedules are completed satisfactorily
You will be required to work a minimum of 37 hours per week (full time), Monday to Friday, start time will be between 6.00 am and 10.00 am. Finishing between 2pm and 6pm. You will also be required to work on a Saturday following a bank holiday. Part time hours to be agreed.
You will need to have:
- LGV Class C or C+E Driving Licence (heavy goods vehicle)
- Valid CPC drivers qualification card
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Experience of driving refuse, recycling or sweeping vehicles beneficial
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST ATTACH WITH YOUR APPLICATION FORM A PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR FULL DRIVING LICENCE
Closing date: 20 April 2023 (midnight)
Inteview date: 2 May 2023
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For an application pack, please click on the link