MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
To be trained to operate and inspect work from 3 or more machines for the manufacture of aero engine components.
This position is based at our Newton Abbot, UK facility and will report to the Cell Shift Leader.
• Clean and load components in fixtures
• Work to appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) and company procedures
• Liaise with Inspection to check first off before starting full batch run
• Use appropriate hand tools
• Visually Inspect and measure components to ensure compliance with specification
• Complete production records
• Maintain work area in a clean and safe condition, report any problems to cell supervision
• Meeting daily production targets whilst maintaining quality standards
• Ability to work a range of shifts
The right candidate for MB Aerospace Newton Abbot is someone who;
• Has a passion for learning new skills and enjoys working as part of a team
Salary & Benefits
• MB Aerospace funded opportunities to study production and engineering qualifications
• 25 days annual holiday + bank holidays
• Secure on-site parking
• Contributory pension
• Health care cash back plan
• Life insurance
• Entrepreneurial and supportive company culture
• Hourly rate of £11.29 (after training)
*The main full time shift in which we run at MB Aerospace Newton Abbot is;
7:30am till 4:00pm Monday to Thursday, 7:30am till 12:30pm Friday (for 4 weeks)
12:30pm till 9:00pm Monday to Thursday, 12:30pm - 5:30pm Friday (for 4 weeks) = 19% shift premium
9:00pm - 7:00am Monday to Wednesday, 9:00pm – 6:00am Thursday (for 4 weeks) = 33% shift premium
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other protected class. MB Aerospace is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us.